"Pages" for your blog are pretty darn useful. You can make a lot of different ones, not just for tag navigation but for info pages, about me’s, etc. But we’ll go over the Tags Navigation here.
- Click Customize
- Scroll past Appearance and go to PAGES
- Click +Add a Page
A window should pop up and you can either do a simple page or a really complex one that involves an understanding of coding.
- Page URL
Just add a word there for the page to work, such as tags
*Don’t add a “/” since it’s already there.
- Page Title is optional I believe. The Standard Layout will look like your regular text posts so the Title will look like the titles on text posts as well.
- "Show a link to this page" doesn’t always work with the theme your using. You can try, it doesn’t hurt, it’ll have a popup if you can’t.
This is where you will be putting your tags. It’s just like making a text post. Make the list the way you want it and copy paste the link with the tag you use.
It will end up looking something like this.
That’s the easiest way to make a tag page.
If you want something like mine, it’s a lot more complicated to do.
- Find some Theme Blogs and find some custom tag pages. There are a lot of theme blogs on tumblr and finding one you like can be pretty challenging. For this, I’ll just mention theme-hunter because it’s a blog that reblogs a bunch of themes from all over and has a nice organization system so that it’s easy to find what you need. Here would be their list of tag navigation pages. Find one you like. This is the one I’ve been using at the moment. (x)
- Preview them to see if you like them and then click for the code. This will be a link that says something along the lines of PasteBin, Code, etc.
- Scroll to the bottom where is says “RAW Paste Data,” click inside the box, press (Ctrl + A) to select all, copy, and then paste into the Custom HTML Box on your Custom Layout window.
- It’s difficult to see anything in that tiny space so I usually paste the code into Word or Notepad++. Why? Because you have to look through all those pages of computer language to edit to your heart’s content.
- Here’s a very small example.
(I used diffchecker.com here to show the difference between the original coding and the one that’s edited here.)
- *BE CAREFUL. Adding or taking a way a part of the main code will break it and the page will turn out really wonky. It’s very sensitive so just be sure not to accidentally erase a line of vital code or add something extra.
Like I said, it’s complicated and it takes time and patience, but the end result makes you feel pretty dang proud of yourself. I find codes like this really interesting so I try to self-teach myself as much as I can. I’m in no way sure of what the heck I’m doing so don’t treat me like an expert.
- 0nemagnet likes this
- ihq likes this
- glassoliverdesigns reblogged this from ectolime
- wondrousunravelingsofmymind likes this
- jpower85 likes this
- glassoliverdesigns likes this
- mayis likes this
- amy4my reblogged this from ectolime
- biosh0ck-infinite reblogged this from ectolime
- biosh0ck-infinite likes this
- effingniall likes this
- myvee likes this
- peacefuldeerprince likes this
- tooney712 likes this
- majelrhodes likes this
- thejollytuna likes this
- dendyden likes this
- tearingdowntheceiling likes this
- this-is-monsters-and-magic likes this
- kiyan200 reblogged this from yhjin4255
- kiyan200 likes this
- yhjin4255 reblogged this from ectolime
- tentailes likes this
- kyrii reblogged this from xxbookninjaxx
- kyrii likes this
- nayobe likes this
- xxbookninjaxx reblogged this from ectolime
- xxbookninjaxx likes this
- rockthehummer likes this
- escapedyesterday likes this
- darkeneddawning likes this
- rxu reblogged this from ectolime
- rxu likes this
- larpatar likes this
- smudgedyoursanity likes this
- notyourordinarytherapist likes this
- fandommayvary reblogged this from ectolime
- haikujitsu said:Cheat tip: If you’re like me and suck at coding, you can just make a regular text post and link to it in your blog (there’s an option to link to instead of create a page). You can edit it as needed, and it matches your theme. Quick and dirty.
- p--orcelain likes this
- avgevatska likes this
- haikujitsu likes this
- wynterst0rm likes this
- kaibas-paragraphical-mind likes this
- ectolime posted this